Proven technology, deployed at scale
Our technology powers production networks accessed by millions of users
Mesh VPN architecture
Traditional VPNs come with availability and performance bottlenecks. Our solution is decentralized: encrypted tunnels are created per-host and on-demand as needed.
Defined Networking provides a lightweight service that’s easy to install on Linux, Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. It runs on a wide variety of hardware including x86, arm, mips, and ppc.
Trusted and stable
Innovative companies with high expectations of availability and reliability run their networks with our technology. It was developed at Slack and has been battle-tested with years of R&D and deployment at scale.
Secure and encrypted
Defined Networking was designed to be secure from the ground up
- Core crypto provided by the Noise Protocol Framework
- Firewall can filter by hosts and security groups
- Includes a Certificate Authority to sign host certs
- Architecture and source code audited by third-party
Simple to use
Our simple interface lets you focus on running your business
- Managed certificate authorities
- Automatic configuration updates and distribution
- Simple host management
- Complete audit logging
Fast without sacrifice
Handles heavy usage while maintaining speed, security and reliability
- Finds the fastest route between hosts automatically
- Takes advantage of AES-NI on supported CPUs
- Runs near network line speed on most hosts
- Can easily run thousands of tunnels on a single host
Stay current with our latest blog and documentation updates
Your network everywhere
Fast, secure overlay networking with unlimited scalability. Up to 100 hosts free, no credit card required.